Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011

Hello Again,

Well 2011 is officially here. Part of the plan for the New Year is to discover new things that I haven't accomplished before, particularly those that are challenging to myself.

So it all began today.

My husband, father in law and I decided to try our luck Ice Fishing! We got up prior to 6 this morning and headed out to Tunkwa/Leighton Lake which is just outside Merritt BC.

The road up to Tunkwa on the Coquihalla Hwy was quite clear today. It can get quite treacherous on this road, especially near the Coquihalla summit. This was part of the challenge of today. However, it couldn't have been a better day for travelling.

Once we arrived and set up (which included axing out an existing hole) we sat down and waited. Tyler, my husband, caught the one and only fish of the day. Granted, we only stayed and fished for an hour and a half total, it was a very productive day. I will also try and post some of the photos I have taken.


Other personal goals for January include cooking something challenging and reading a book that challenges my perceptions of the world. I'll blog again once I complete another challenge

Thanks for reading.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment