Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Confucius

Good evening,

I just finished reading Confucius' "The Analects". It was an interesting read for anyone who hasn't read this before. It acts to serve as a guide on how to conduct one's life.
I will be able to take some of his words of advice and use them in my life.

Some memorable lines I will leave:

-"The self-restrained seldom err."
-"If wealth were a thing one could count on finding, even though it meant my becoming a whip holding groom, I would do it. As one cannot count on finding it, I will follow the quest I love better."
-"He who demands much of himself and little from others will avoid resentment."
-"The noble man seeks what he wants in himself, the inferior man seeks it from others."

Next challenge: An interesting sushi lunch!

Thanks for reading

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment