Saturday, May 21, 2011

Clayburn Village

As I was taking a look outside today at the rain, I was trying to think of things I could do today. I picked going out to Abbotsford for lunch and a drive. There's a circle farm tour that I thought looked kind of fun. Perhaps I'll save that for another challenge. Because of some interesting events today, I didn't have enough time to complete the entire farm tour.

I picked one stop on the tour and my husband and I drove to it. My husband really didn't want to go into the soap store, so we stopped by an information board just outside the door to it. It was about this Clayburn Village.

I had never been to this area of Abbotsford before. I had no idea this place even existed. Apparently it was the first company town in BC. It had a church, schoolhouse, bank etc.
As I finished reading the information, I noticed a separate box that said Take One. When I opened it, it contained a walking tour pamphlet.

So that's what we ended up doing instead of shopping for soap. It was interesting. I enjoyed learning the history, and taking a bit of a walk in the rain. It only took about 20 minutes, but it was well worth the experience.

Thank-you for reading.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment