Saturday, May 7, 2011

3 days in one camping trip

This challenge almost failed. Because I had taken my father in law ice fishing in January, I thought it would be appropriate to take my father camping for his birthday.

He always talks about going whenever my husband and I go. This weekend is his birthday and I thought the weather would be okay to go. So I handled pretty much everything. I booked the campsite, did the grocery shopping, ordered the fishing licenses. Then my step-mother stepped in. She complained that this was too hard on my father and my father was too soft to say anything. So I cancelled everything.

However, we turned it into a day trip instead. We turned 3 days of camping into 1. We ate, and cooked over a campfire, fed the birds and chipmunks. The only real funny thing was that my husband caught on fire trying to get the campfire going. His coat started smoking, and now has a hole in it. He wasn't injured.

I will still be paying for this mistake for some time. However, my father had a nice time for the day.

I have attached some pictures of our day into this blog.

Thanks for reading



Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment