Friday, March 11, 2011

Ongoing Challenge: Name Change

Okay, so it's a long time in coming. However, due to some requests, I have decided to change my name to my married name.
The primary reason I didn't do it until now was because of the overwhelming nature of this task. There are so many places to go to to accomplish this.
I have started with my employer but am in no way done this challenge. Today I changed over my banking.
Tomorrow my drivers license will get changed. Hopefully if I get enough time!

Because this challenge is not completed, I will continue to update this blog. So if you're interested in how frustrated I become and what I've found out along this journey please keep reading.

Thank-you.

Lynn

March 25th: My Social Insurance Card has been changed, Airmiles has been contacted and I think that's all the ID I need to worry about. I am still waiting for my care card. However, I have received my new credit card, benefit cards, and my new profile at work. To change my SIN Card was the longest. Apparently because I'm a twin (oops, didn't mention that before) it flagged the change. Good to know.
Thanks for reading.

I have now changed my drivers license, my banking and credit card info and my work information. I have also let my church and places I volunteer know about the changes. This is more work than I originally thought. In the next two weeks, I will have my SIN, and Airmiles card changed. I think the Airmiles is the most important (lol!)

April 9th: All of my id has now been changed and I have received all of my new cards. It's official: my name has been changed in every place I can imagine. It's still a little bit weird, seeing your new name on all of your emails and cards when you pull them out to go shopping. Come to think of it, I think I may have signed some receipts with the last name wrong on them! I guess you could say it is still a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment