Friday, March 11, 2011

Indian Lunch

Well, due to some unforseen circumstances it was another productive yet challenging day. My car needed fixing. I had to wait all day downtown while it was getting worked on. So I did the only thing I could think of: I challenged myself as many ways as I could.

My husband and I had Indian food for lunch. The menu included:

Potato and Eggplant Curry- pieces of potato and eggplant cooked with a mild curry sauce
Tandoori Chicken- chicken pieces cooked with curry and yogurt in a clay oven
Beef Masala-Pieces of beef cooked in a curry masala spice
Rice
Naan Bread- Indian Pita bread
Curried Spinach- Spinach, Indian spices in a curry sauce
Khadi - Veggies and chickpea flour in a creamy curry sauce
Butter Chicken- Chicken pieces in a creamy tomato sauce
Chana Masala - Chick peas in a tomato curry sauce
My observations:

I have had Butter Chicken, rice and naan and chana masala before. I sometimes make these at my house. My favourite is the chana masala. So these weren't a challenge to me.
The beef masala and the khadi were by far the spiciest. I felt bad for the waiter who kept bringing water. However spicy, it was not incredibly hot and was quite tasty. The spinach curry was quite mushy but tasted very good mixed with the rice. I truly believe the eggplant was meant for curry. It tasted much better today and I would highly recommend this dish to anyone who doesn't like a lot of spice.

I didn't get sick to my stomach afterwards because of the spice. I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch and am looking forward to going again.

Thanks for reading.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment