Thursday, March 24, 2011

Driving at Night

I don't drive very often. When my husband is around, he drives more than I do. It's his car. I only borrow it on the weekends when he's working. I also don't drive at night very often. It's only when I need to that I will drive at night. It's partly because I can't see very well. Traffic lights, headlights, and streetlights have rings around them when I look at them at night. I think I may need glasses, but if it's only at night, why bother.

However, when coming home tonight, my husband let me drive. I knew the road very well as if I'm going to drive on a road, I would prefer to drive that one any time of the day. Traffic was very light and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive.

I think the weirdest thing about the drive was that my husband was right next to me. When I have the car, I drive alone. I can turn the radio on as loud as I like. There's no one to look at me weird. That was not the case tonight. My husband does not like the music I listen to very much. I think it has to do with the volume. I like it loud. He doesn't. We reached an understanding a while back. I get to listen to what I want to in the car and he controls the television at home (while he's away, it's different). It works.

So I managed to get home okay, and my husband didn't complain about my driving once. I'd like to try driving farther on my own one day. Perhaps there's another challenge there?

Thanks for reading.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment