Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gravity Hill, Abbotsford

I had heard that there is a portion of a road in Abbotsford that if you find it, put the car in neutral and the car climbs a hill. It's an optical illusion. So my husband and I went to look to see if such a place actually exists.

Well, I can say I think we found it. It's near Ledgeview Golf and Country Club in Abbotsford. There are no markers on the side of the road. From all of the research I read it sounds like the recent road construction ruined most of it. However, when we put the car in neutral it actually appeared to want to roll uphill! It was kind of  interesting.

I will also say that the amount of traffic was a hindrance. It's hard to pull off the side of the road with quite a few cars behind you. But I have to say it was worth the trip.

I was expecting more fanfare at this site. However, not having anything there allowed me to seek it out on my own. This was by far more rewarding.

Thanks for reading

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. I grew up there, it was a fun thing to show visiting guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me the address of that place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me the address of that place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to always go to gravity hill and bunch of us did as I grew up in Abbotsford but alot has changed since and I couldn'tfind the spot where thegravitypulls yourvehicleup the hill too much has changed and Abbotsfordhas grown so big .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to always go to gravity hill and bunch of us did as I grew up in Abbotsford but alot has changed since and I couldn'tfind the spot where thegravitypulls yourvehicleup the hill too much has changed and Abbotsfordhas grown so big .

    ReplyDelete