Saturday, July 23, 2011

Manicure

My girlfriend bought an introductory pass to a spa for us both to try together. Today was our first "treatment". We both had manicures.

This is the first time I had ever been to a spa, or had my hands touched by someone other than my husband or myself. I am finding the older I get the less and less I like to be touched by other people.

However, I must say that despite running late for the appointment, the lady took her time with each of us.

My cuticles needed to be cleaned up which hurt a bit with the tool. Then she smoothed out each nail with another tool which was a bit uncomfortable as well. There were three coats of nail polish applied to each finger nail the bottom coat, the polish and then the top coat.

Plus there was a hand/arm massage as well. I was really uncomfortable with this part. I can put the moisturizer on all by myself, and I don't need to rub that hard to get it absorbed in.

So, I relished the experience of today. However, I'm truly very grateful my friend was there. I wouldn't have done that by myself. I am also grateful she'll be there for the next few visits. I am like a fish out of water. This is something that is totally new to me.

Thanks for reading

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment