Sunday, July 31, 2011

Aldergrove Lake

I haven't been to Aldergrove Lake for at least 15 years. When I visited there then, I thought the lake was a bit of a puddle. However it offered some outdoor recreation in Langley.

Today I went there for a walk. Partly to remember a bit of my youth and because I hadn't been in there in so long, it was like visiting there for the first time all over again.

What an interesting park. There is a parking lot at the top of the hill that is rather small. So I parked there and walked down the road. It was a bit eerie being the only one there. The sound of the leaves rustling and the sound of the air cannons in the distance as they fought off the birds was a bit eerie. Mind you, I may have been a bit jumpy. It was nice to be the only one there in that I was not rushed.

Just before the lake, there was a lovely picnic area:

It would be nice to come here for a picnic one evening. Across from the picnic area was a nice bridge:
I stopped for a while to listen to the creek. It was very peaceful. As I made my way to the lake area I took a picture:
There is no longer a lake in Aldergrove! They covered it up. Judging from my memories of it being a puddle so long ago, it was probably a good idea that this was done. I think the park is a bit nicer now because of it. I plan on visiting the park again very soon.

Thanks for reading

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment