Saturday, December 10, 2011

Amaryllis Flower

A boss of mine gave me my first Christmas present of the year: an Amaryllis. I have never had one of these before. However, I always wanted one but Christmas is always a stretch on the budget to splurge on myself, so I was especially joyful to see it sitting on my desk yesterday.

It also served as a fundraiser for my boss whose family has been affected by Huntingdon's Disease. What a unique way to fundraise, especially at Christmas when it seems the demands for money seem unending.

I planted it today and will keep it near a sunny window. I will also keep this blog open so that hopefully it will bloom before January 1st and I can take another picture of it.

Here's what it looks like now:

Thanks for reading
Lynn
January 18th: All of it is blooming at the moment:


My camera simply doesn't do it justice. The colour is a vibrant orange. I really really like it and am so lucky the thing didn't die on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment